The Hunter Melanoma Foundation (HMF) was formed in 1986 to provide moral and financial support to the Newcastle Melanoma Unit. As a registered charity administered by a voluntary board elected by the members, the Foundation’s income is derived solely from membership fees, donations and fundraising activities. These funds are directed into patient facilities, staff development within the Newcastle Melanoma Unit, research equipment and projects as well as educational and awareness programs. Every cent we raise, stays right here in the Hunter. The foundation provides a significant support base for patients with melanoma and their families. Ultimately we aim to assist in the prevention and cure of Melanoma through education, awareness, research and treatment.
Our Vision: Our vision for the future is to defeat melanoma.
Our Commitment: In striving towards this vision we will work together with the Newcastle Melanoma Unit to;
- actively reduce mortality rates from melanoma in our region,
- minimise patient suffering and maximise patient care.
We aim to achieve these goals by raising funds;
- to support the Newcastle Melanoma Unit;
- to support local melanoma patients & their families
- for research;
- for education on prevention and early detection and;
- to raise awareness about melanoma.
The Hunter Melanoma Foundation is a registered charity with a Charitable Fundraising Authority and has ATO endorsement as a deductible gift recipient.
ABN 75 185 968 305